Chlorine is universally used to disinfect water. Chlorine is added to your water to kill germs, bacteria and living organisms. Your body is a living organism, and your body is affected by chlorine externally as well.
Breathing in chlorine gasses and skin absorption of chloroform and chlorine by-products are at there greatest in the shower, where these gases are vaporised.
You will know that your skin is your body’s largest organ. It easily absorbs chlorine making your skin itchy and dry.
The water passing through your shower is full ofchlorine, it then becomes obvious that a Shower Filter has many health benefits for you and your family.
Simply screw on this shower filter, and experience the luxury of chemical free showers. Also available are water saving shower heads that will save you many dollars off your water & energy bills.
The filter easily attaches to existing shower fittings, ensuring chemical are gone . The Sprite Shower Filter makes hair softer, shinier and brighter and is perfect for people who suffer from dandruff, and no more dry, sensitive skin or allergies.
Easy to install – just attach between your existing showerhead and the shower arm, and enjoy chlorine-free showers everyday.
- The EPA has stated that every household in the United States has high levels of chloroform in the air due to chlorine released from showering water.
- Tap water often contains at least as much, if not more, chlorine than is recommended for use in swimming pools.
- More chlorine enters the body through skin absorption and inhalation while showering than through drinking tap water.
- The chlorine in showering water has harsh, drying effects on skin and hair.
- Skin pores widen while showering, making dermal absorption of chlorine and other chemicals possible.
- The chlorine in showering water can cause rashes and other skin irritations when absorbed by the skin.
- Chemicals in showering water vaporize at a much faster rate than the actual water. Thus, the steam in a shower contains a much higher concentration of chemicals than the water itself.
- Inhaled chemicals make their way into the bloodstream much more quickly than ingested chemicals, without the added filtration benefits of digestion.
- More water contaminants are released into the air of a home from the shower than from any other source.
- Chlorine is a suspected cause of breast cancer. Women suffering from breast cancer are all found to have 50-60 percent more chlorine in their breast tissue than healthy women