Doulton ceramic water filters have been continually manufactured for over 170 years. The first water filters were manufactured in the early 1800’s at Doulton & Co.’s Lambeth works on the banks of the River Thames, London.
Nowadays, Doulton offers a wide range of drinking filter systems, alongside their accredited various grades of candles and cartridges.
The Doulton Ultracarb is a three stage cartridge combining the highly efficient filtration properties of ceramic with the enhanced water treatment properties of activated carbon and the heavy metal reduction capabilities of ion exchange media.
3-Stage filtration process
Doulton Sterasyl ceramic provides genuine sub micron filtration. The cartridge reduced fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity. The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure gives enhanced self sterilising properties.
An inner core of activated carbon block removes chlorine and organic compounds.
Ion exchange resin reduces Lead and other heavy metals.
- Compatible within standard 10” or 20” filters.
- Filtration efficiency >99.99% at 0.9 micron.
- Filtration efficiency >99.99% at 0.5 to 0.8 micron.
- Highly efficient bacteriological filtration.
- Cryptosporidium removal efficiency of >99.999% (tested live).
- Ideal for post filtration.
- High levels of chlorine and organics removed.
- Lead and other heavy metals reduced.
|Absolute filtration rating||>99.99%||0.9 micron|
|Nominal filtration rating||>99.99%||0.5 – 0.8 micron|
|% Bacteria removal||E-Coli, Vibrio cholera
Shigella, Salmonella Typhi, Klebiella Terrigena
|% Cyst removal||5 Cryptosporidium, Giardia||>99.999%|